Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Post

Dear everybody who decided to wander over to my blog,

As a new Japanese student, this blog is to describe the toils, torments and excitement that comes from learning Japanese. As the second week of studying comes to an end, the experience so far has been mostly time consuming. Learning Hiragana has been my favorite part, simply because writing in new complex-looking characters feels like being let in into a very big secret. I can't wait to be able to read and write not only Hiragana, but Katakana and Kanji as well. So far the grammar has been very straight forward, which is refreshing for a language. So the most difficult part is memorizing the vocab words...

I'm off to study hiragana, but stay tuned for more!

6 Comments:

Blogger vch2115 said...

Hiragana and katakana are the easy part, just wait for kanji! That's when it gets really tough. Keep up the good work, がんばって。

September 17, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger chongqingshenglin said...

Hi Julia,

Thank you for writing! I've just added a picture of the Japanese actress Komaki Kurihara to my blog. She starred the movie Moscow, My Love, the movie I mentioned this morning. If you ever get the chance I recommend it. It's a little old-styled, but there're lots of beautiful scenes of Moscow during the 70's.

September 17, 2008 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Erich said...

Wait until we get to Katakana and Kanji. That's when the real fun starts ^_^
How did you happen to become interested in learning Japanese?

-E

September 18, 2008 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger ??? said...

I honestly don't think Katakana will be that hard. At the very least, it won't be harder than Hiragana.

My real concern is Kanji and this is the part where I become overly jealous of Chinese speakers out there...

If I remember correctly, you are from Russia yes? That's pretty awesome.

September 18, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Sanamahorse said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 22, 2008 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Every time a Kanji comes up in homework I feel like I got a free bonus, but I'm worried about the Katakana. My Hiragana characters already look ridiculous.

September 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home